a baptist perspective

 

About Me


Jason Sampler
New Orleans, Louisiana

My Education

B.A. History Education, SWOSU
M.A. Theology, NOBTS
Th.M. Theology, NOBTS

Most Popular Posts

IMB Trustee Contact Info
IMB Trustees and My Beef
And Behind Door Number Two...

Sites I Visit

Edgewater Baptist Church
New Orleans Seminary
Dip2000
Seinfeld Scripts
Pearls Before Swine

SBC Issues

Wade Burleson
Marty Duren
Art Rogers
Villa Rica
Micah Fries
Rick Thompson
Missional Baptist
Dorcas Hawker
Wes Kenney
Tim Sweatman

Friends

David Platt
D.R. (Daniel Randle)
Steve McCoy
Kevin Bussey
Joe Kennedy
Joe Thorn
Joe McKeever
Kiki Cherry
Cynthia Mathis
Panis Circenses
 

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Burleson Prepares for Battle

Wade Burleson, an IMB trustee from my home state of Oklahoma, has recently crafted a very compelling and heartfelt message to the churches of the Southern Baptist convention: join the fight to be a cooperating convention or stand by and let some continue to restrict Baptist identity. He has aptly titled his work Crusading Conservatives vs. Cooperating Conservatives: The War for the Future of the Southern Baptist Convention.

I am not sure what the next steps will be. However, I do know that this is an issue worth taking a stand over and a battle worth fighting. I pray that these issues will quickly be resolved, but my convictions cannot allow me to stand by while some try to redefine Baptists in ways I deem unbiblical and unfaithful to our historic beliefs.

posted by Jason Sampler at 10:43 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger cks said...

Jason--

I read the blog post and the comments. Good stuff. I think Burleson is right on the money. I supsect that a professor at my former seminary would disagree, which would only confirm me in my opinion here.

CKS

5:54 PM, December 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason! I just read your Psmalm 46 and me post, good stuff...i can identify with that a lot...thanks for posting that on here....it was an encouragement to me....have a great day....
Jill Albritton

5:43 AM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger joe kennedy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:20 PM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger D.R. said...

Hey man, time for another post. All my readers always chide me for going to long without writing, so I felt you needed a little whipping as well. Get to writin' boy! BTW, you need to check out my most recent blog entry about a fellow Okie. I imagine you've heard of him.

9:32 PM, December 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for going too long without writing, D.R., too long.

cks

7:00 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger cks said...

Well, apparently, my Opera browser running on OSX does not support HTML insertions...

Let me try it a different way:

for going TOO long without writing, D.R., TOO long...

7:02 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger D.R. said...

Sorry Krelly, but glad to see you are finally willing to correct my English. If my wife were only here to enjoy the moment.

1:57 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Current Reading


A Treatise on Church Order by John L. Dagg


Christian Doctrine by W. T. Conner


Future Reading


The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today (Revised Edition) by Wayne Grudem


Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12-14 by D. A. Carson

Previous Posts

Psalm 46 and Me
Jesus, Santa, and . . . Paris???
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
Encourage Dr. Rankin
Closed on Christmas???
The IMB and Baptism

Disclaimer

The views presented on this blog do not represent the opinions or positions of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, the SBC, any local, or state Baptist association, or of Edgewater Baptist Church. The views represented here are solely the personal views of the author. Also, it should be made public that I am a rabid University of Oklahoma sports fan . . . BOOMER SOONER!

 

iustitiafide [at] gmail [dot] com | all rights reserved