a baptist perspective

 

About Me


Jason Sampler
New Orleans, Louisiana

My Education

B.A. History Education, SWOSU
M.A. Theology, NOBTS
Th.M. Theology, NOBTS

Most Popular Posts

IMB Trustee Contact Info
IMB Trustees and My Beef
And Behind Door Number Two...

Sites I Visit

Edgewater Baptist Church
New Orleans Seminary
Dip2000
Seinfeld Scripts
Pearls Before Swine

SBC Issues

Wade Burleson
Marty Duren
Art Rogers
Villa Rica
Micah Fries
Rick Thompson
Missional Baptist
Dorcas Hawker
Wes Kenney
Tim Sweatman

Friends

David Platt
D.R. (Daniel Randle)
Steve McCoy
Kevin Bussey
Joe Kennedy
Joe Thorn
Joe McKeever
Kiki Cherry
Cynthia Mathis
Panis Circenses
 

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Encourage Dr. Rankin



Marty Duren has recently alerted me to Dr. Jerry Rankin's email address: jrankin@imb.org

Let me encourage you to take a moment and email him. I already did today. As President of the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, he could always use our prayers and support. However, during such a time as this, he could use as much encouragement and support as he can get.

I know that during these last few months, as an evacuee from New Orleans, I have benefitted greatly just knowing that people care about me. My spirits are always raised when I know people are praying for me. I suspect he would feel the same right now.

If you are uninformed about the situation with Dr. Rankin, the following links to
here, here, and here should provide some background into what is going on. Most of the time I'm proud to be a Southern Baptist. On rare occasions, and this is one of them, I am almost ashamed.

posted by Jason Sampler at 7:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Current Reading


A Treatise on Church Order by John L. Dagg


Christian Doctrine by W. T. Conner


Future Reading


The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today (Revised Edition) by Wayne Grudem


Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12-14 by D. A. Carson

Previous Posts

Closed on Christmas???
The IMB and Baptism

Disclaimer

The views presented on this blog do not represent the opinions or positions of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, the SBC, any local, or state Baptist association, or of Edgewater Baptist Church. The views represented here are solely the personal views of the author. Also, it should be made public that I am a rabid University of Oklahoma sports fan . . . BOOMER SOONER!

 

iustitiafide [at] gmail [dot] com | all rights reserved