a baptist perspective

 

About Me


Jason Sampler
New Orleans, Louisiana

My Education

B.A. History Education, SWOSU
M.A. Theology, NOBTS
Th.M. Theology, NOBTS

Most Popular Posts

IMB Trustee Contact Info
IMB Trustees and My Beef
And Behind Door Number Two...

Sites I Visit

Edgewater Baptist Church
New Orleans Seminary
Dip2000
Seinfeld Scripts
Pearls Before Swine

SBC Issues

Wade Burleson
Marty Duren
Art Rogers
Villa Rica
Micah Fries
Rick Thompson
Missional Baptist
Dorcas Hawker
Wes Kenney
Tim Sweatman

Friends

David Platt
D.R. (Daniel Randle)
Steve McCoy
Kevin Bussey
Joe Kennedy
Joe Thorn
Joe McKeever
Kiki Cherry
Cynthia Mathis
Panis Circenses
 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Taking a Break

Over the last few days, I've felt that something in my life is a bit out of whack lately. I figured it out this morning when I woke up and the first thing that i wanted to do was hit the internet to scan the blogs for activity. I realized that i spend way too much time online looking at blogs.

Therefore, I am taking a two-day break from blogging (some might say, that's no different than normal, you usually go 5-10 days between posting a new blog!!!). I am refraining from posting on my blog, reading comments on my blog, or replying to new comments. I am also taking a break from reading other people's blogs. I realized that time spent on blog reading could be invested elsewhere. Am I backing down from my disagreement with the IMB trustees on baptism? No. I just need to intentionally spend some time away from the internet to clear my mind and re-adjust my priorities.

If you post a comment, thank you for your patience over these next two days as I am absent. I will reply to all comments when I return on Friday.

P.S. There will be a proxy administrator monitoring my blog for the next few days. If inappropriate comments are made during this time, they will be deleted.

Love in Christ,
Jason Sampler

posted by Jason Sampler at 7:42 AM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A poem by Pastor Martin Niemoller, Berlin, 1939.
Niemoller was a pastor in the German Confessing Church
who spent eight and one-half years in a Nazi concentration camp.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out--because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out--because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out--because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me--
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

2:07 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Leeann said...

Hey Jason...I followed you from Crystal Z's blog :) Maybe you remember me from swosu. Anyway, just wanted to say 'hey'. I'll have to come back and read later.

5:38 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Dorcas said...

Good idea about taking a break when needed. I always say I am going to do the same thing, but then think of something I just have to write down. I think I use blogging as more a way to clear my head than anything. I used to be addicted to TV watching in a way, and now I am more interested in watching the blogs. I figure it uses a few more brain cells to write intelligently, so at least not as bad as wasting away in front of the television. Nevertheless I hope you were able to stick to your goal. I was going to go from Wednesday to Sunday without posting and only managed to stay off the blogs on Thursday ... then was back writing.

7:13 PM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger D.R. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:14 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger art rogers said...

Jason, I am a new blogger, but what's the deal? You don't need to get all up in my business here! (sarcasm implied)

I am here on my day out of the office in front of my computer at home. I have been looking at blogs since before 8:00 am and have taken a shower. After returning from the shower, I found no updates on the blogs I normally read, so I followed a link from sbc outpost to here and find you ripping me up. Thanks.

Ok, so I did read some of your other stuff and like very much what you have to say.

I guess I'll go do something now, other than blog. I don't know what it will be, though.

BTW, I noted that you are from OK, and leeann mentioned swosu. My wife is from Clinton and graduated in '91 from swosu.

6:55 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Now that your blog fast is over, will you be posting anything new.

10:43 AM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Current Reading


A Treatise on Church Order by John L. Dagg


Christian Doctrine by W. T. Conner


Future Reading


The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today (Revised Edition) by Wayne Grudem


Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12-14 by D. A. Carson

Previous Posts

IMB Trustees and My Beef
More Thoughts on Contacting Trustees
Burleson Being Voted Out
IMB Trustee Contact Info
A Lesson in Redemption
My Thoughts During Christmas
Burleson Prepares for Battle
Psalm 46 and Me
Jesus, Santa, and . . . Paris???
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Disclaimer

The views presented on this blog do not represent the opinions or positions of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, the SBC, any local, or state Baptist association, or of Edgewater Baptist Church. The views represented here are solely the personal views of the author. Also, it should be made public that I am a rabid University of Oklahoma sports fan . . . BOOMER SOONER!

 

iustitiafide [at] gmail [dot] com | all rights reserved