a baptist perspective

 

About Me


Jason Sampler
New Orleans, Louisiana

My Education

B.A. History Education, SWOSU
M.A. Theology, NOBTS
Th.M. Theology, NOBTS

Most Popular Posts

IMB Trustee Contact Info
IMB Trustees and My Beef
And Behind Door Number Two...

Sites I Visit

Edgewater Baptist Church
New Orleans Seminary
Dip2000
Seinfeld Scripts
Pearls Before Swine

SBC Issues

Wade Burleson
Marty Duren
Art Rogers
Villa Rica
Micah Fries
Rick Thompson
Missional Baptist
Dorcas Hawker
Wes Kenney
Tim Sweatman

Friends

David Platt
D.R. (Daniel Randle)
Steve McCoy
Kevin Bussey
Joe Kennedy
Joe Thorn
Joe McKeever
Kiki Cherry
Cynthia Mathis
Panis Circenses
 

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tragedy Begets Tragedy

Many of you may have heard of the tragic accident yesterday in Florida, where a 15 year old was driving a van with six of her relatives. They were all coming home from school when a tractor-trailer rear-ended them into a bus, causing the van to catch on fire. All seven passengers died. They ranged in age from 15 years to 20 months. My heart broke for the mother of this family, as she lost 6 adopted children and the youngest was about to be adopted.

Today CNN.com is reporting that the
grandfather of the adopted children was so overcome with grief that he had a massive heart attack and died last night. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and grief that Barbara Mann is experiencing. I grieved first-hand over the destruction of New Orleans as I watched my city and my apartment were overcome with floodwater. However, I could never imagine such grief on a personal scale.

May we pray that God assuages her grief and that she rests in His sovereignty during such painful times.

posted by Jason Sampler at 9:38 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen A Morse said...

I have 9 children myself. We have to have one of those big vans. I was almost sick to my stomach when I heard that story! Oh Lord have mercy!!!!

1:05 PM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Current Reading


A Treatise on Church Order by John L. Dagg


Christian Doctrine by W. T. Conner


Future Reading


The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today (Revised Edition) by Wayne Grudem


Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12-14 by D. A. Carson

Previous Posts

Humor in the Scriptures [Updated]
Taking a Break
IMB Trustees and My Beef
More Thoughts on Contacting Trustees
Burleson Being Voted Out
IMB Trustee Contact Info
A Lesson in Redemption
My Thoughts During Christmas
Burleson Prepares for Battle
Psalm 46 and Me

Disclaimer

The views presented on this blog do not represent the opinions or positions of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, the SBC, any local, or state Baptist association, or of Edgewater Baptist Church. The views represented here are solely the personal views of the author. Also, it should be made public that I am a rabid University of Oklahoma sports fan . . . BOOMER SOONER!

 

iustitiafide [at] gmail [dot] com | all rights reserved